Friday, April 27, 2012

We're going mmm-etric

Achiaus has brought to my attention a big worry of his, converting to the metric system. He has been asking me for formulas I do not have.

"Mom, how do I know the difference between millimeters and centimeters? What are the general uses of measurement? What are the conversion formulas? How will I know what to do?!" For a boy that prides himself on knowing what the answer is, not knowing is a hard pill to swallow.

Really though it is brilliant, because he is not worried in the slightest about the language barrier. There is no questions about, how will I read my homework assignments, what will I do if I have a question and cannot ask it, or how will I make friends if everyone else speaks Italian, and I don't?

It is good that his biggest concern for our move, is the metric system.

In the mean time May draws near, and so does our leave time. The sooner Forest leaves, the sooner this is all an official reality.

Team New Beginnings!



No comments:

Post a Comment