Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Home

Below will be our new region, and from what I can tell it’s going to be the best! The weather is mild. Never too hot or cold, with the lowest temps in January around 27 degrees and highs in August of around 82. We are near a lot of interesting and exciting industry. We are on not one, but two of the most awesome borders available.

Ferrari, Ducati and Alfa Romeo are 
Northern Italian names, 
which is going to be amazing to check out!
Map of Norther Italy


In Italian, piedi (pie) means "foot" and montania (monte) means "mountains," therefore the name Piemonte. 



We are going to be near the base of the Swiss Alps, which makes me think of my dad. When I was growing up, my dad loved the movie Sound of Music. We'd watch Julie Andrews over and over.  He had some dream of his brothers and sisters being called the Bontrap Family. I don't remember all of the details, but he wanted to be a Bontrap, I am sure of it. Go watch the movie. It's a classic.
( For those not picking up what I was laying down, my last name is Bonn, and the family was Vontrap. I cannot help it, I am a hand holder.)


Fun fact, every time I look up images for the regions seasons, I get football images, heaps of them. I diversify in my Google search, and still loads and loads of footballers.
Very funny.
Another thing, which most are familiar with I am sure, Italians love their football. They love it so much, everything is closed on Sunday so they can watch their beloved players religiously. From the overload of images I have found, I think I believe it.

More neat things, apparently, Northern Italy is the bomb-digity when it comes to recycling. From what I have read, as of 2008 no one had touched there innovation for efficiency, and ease, including refuse. You pay for garbage pick up only, and it is only if you put out garbage. If you don't have garbage, you don't pay for pick up. They reward you for recycling, neat.

I am also really looking forward to the formality of everything, the dress, the greetings, and daily goings on, dressing up for dinner and company. Forest, not so much, "così è la vita". He's holding onto his baggy shorts and flip flops. He threw down and is sticking to his casual, beach boy ways.

Fair warning, cheek to cheek, kiss greetings are the best ever, socially acceptable, and I'm all over it. It's a cultural thing and I'm going native. I'm just saying, you come over here, and I'm kissing you.




Piedmont, Italy, map

No comments:

Post a Comment