Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lunch


Lunch.Friends.Family. packing.packing.packing.
I think I would like to do lunch with my friends and family every day till I leave. I would like that very much.
Easy conversations, drifting from one happy bit, to another piece of familial worry, have a laugh on someone's dime, and back to another happy bit. The comfort and trust of familiar people I know and love. I want to soak it in, and let the feeling linger.

Packing is endless.
Box for keeps, box for give away, box for garage sale, box for later.

The house is strangely clean in it's disarray of heaped boxes. It's disorganized, and ascetically lacking in style, and strangely tidy. Though, the new sun has revealed many dust traps, and cobwebs, I will ignore them. If I clean them now, it will all go wrong I think. Leave them be. And I go about my daily routines, like nothing is changing.

I'm looking forward to sharing our story of adventure. I want to talk to you and tell you how we have so much room for company. I want to entice you to visit me. With promises of a bed, and copious amounts of food and wine, you can't say no. With promises of lunch, up close. Because I would like to have lunch with you every day, and hold on to our easy conversations,so pleasant, familiar, and comforting. Because, I want to soak you in and have you linger for just a little while longer. Come see me, and we'll have lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment